If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Bali, you can list it in the Business Directory free of chargeRead More...
Administrative Offices in Bali
Contact information for the administrative centres of Bali. The place to go for residency papers, vehicle registration papers, driving licences and more...
Bali is one of 26 provinces in Indonesia. Bali province is divided into nine regencies (districts): Badung, Gianyar, Klungkung, Bangli Buleleng, Karangasem, Jembrana, Tabanan and the municipality of Denpasar. Within each regency is a main government office (Kabupaten), which is responsible for the Populations and Civil Registration Administration (Kependudukan dan Pencatatan Sipil), or Population Administration (Administrasi Kependudukan).
- The Bali Provincial Government website provides links to each of the regency offices: Click here
Foreign nationals must register and report any change in their status to their district or municipal office (Kabupaten) which also provides the following services and documents:
- National Identity Card (Kartu Tanda Penduduk - KTP)
- Family Identity Card (Kartu Keluarga - KK)
- Registration of change of residence
- Registration of birth and birth certificates
- Registration of marriage
- Registration of divorce
- Change of name
- Change of citizenship
Foreigners entering Indonesia with the appropriate visa must apply for a residency permit (KITAS) at the local immigration office (Kantor Imigrasi) within three days.
- For contact details of immigration offices: Click here
A resident earning income that exceeds the non-taxable income threshold of Rp 15,840,000 (Penghasilan Tidak Kena Pajak - PTKP) must register at their local Director General of Taxation (DGT) office and file an annual tax return (Form 1770).
- To find a local DGT office in Bali: Click here (PDF)
- For information on registering for tax: Click here
The Department of Motor Vehicles or Satuan Penyelenggara Administrasi SIM (Satpas) is responsible for issuing driving licences.
At: Jl. Gunung Sanghyang 110, Denpasar, Bali